This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It seems like people on Facebook have "perfect" lives?
07-26-2013, 02:13 AM
It seems like people on Facebook have "perfect" lives?
So, I go on Facebook. I scroll down and see a picture of a kid on a baseball team, he's also on a football team. Seems like he's always having a good time. Also, I see him with girls and other stuff.

I'm not on a baseball team nor a football team, also I have never have had a girlfriend. I'm 15.

He gets a lot of likes (I know that doesn't matter) but I still feel left out.

Please help me. It bothers me so much

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2013, 02:17 AM

that's because on facebook, people only share the good things in their lives. what you don't see is the kid sitting on the bench the whole game watching his team play, or the girls all laughing at him talking about what a douchebag he is, or his lousy report card, or his crappy home life, or any other bad things in his life.

Ads

07-26-2013, 02:19 AM

Create a website and ditch the facebook. Write blogs about your interests.

Or try a few hobbies and take pics of you doing them, add family vacations and pictures of things your interested in. You could take up photography and use Gimp (free software) to edit pics.

Facebook pictures are usually a collage of interests, and social events. It doesn't represent how you always feel. People smile to show that they are friendly, but guys can usually get away with not smiling in a picture more than women can and just depends on what country you are in too because some countries think smiling all the time is silly.

There's plenty of kids your age who haven't dated yet.
07-26-2013, 02:30 AM

There is no such thing as a perfect life just as no pefect person exsist everyone and everything has some kind of flaw in it or in them. Having lots of friends over fb dosent mean anything alot of it could be for show. How often do they autually talk or hang out with all the people they add or even care about some people will even add people over fb who aren't friends in real life which I don't understand but I guess some people are nosey and stuff. So be carefull also not everyone is who they say they are some are phoney fake profiles so be aware. As for the girlfriend thing too that fine I guess that just means you haven't met anyone who worth dating yet that person out there somewhere u just have met yet
07-26-2013, 02:34 AM

you are only 15 - get outside and enjoy life instead of watching the posts from people who only share the things that make them look super happy - chances are they arent as happy as they portray themselves to be anyways... they are young too and just trying to play the "look how happy and popular i am" game on facebook
07-26-2013, 02:44 AM

In Facebook people pretending they are happy, but actually they are not..