This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to convince someone..?
07-26-2013, 10:18 AM
How to convince someone..?
How do tell someone it will get better and not to hurt them selves and not to comit suiside?

(My friend asked me what to tell his relative and i didnt know what to say so can you guys put this in a way easy for me to tell someone)

thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2013, 10:20 AM

I don't really know the exact circumstances, but here goes:

"(Name), I know things are hard right now, but you really shouldn't give up. You have so many people who care about you, so many great prospects in life, and so much to look forward to - and you'll only get to see it all if you choose to carry on. Things aren't easy - I know that, but I'll always be here for you when things get tough, whether you need a shoulder to cry on, someone to listen, or just some ice cream to cheer you up. You have so much of your life left to live - so stay strong and live it!"

Ads

07-26-2013, 10:28 AM

Just tell them that even though life is hard it gets better. Try and get them to explain why they feel like this and see if you can solve any of the problems or at least try and other possible solutions but don't just spin of a load of cliche lines like I'm here for you
07-26-2013, 10:42 AM

Your "friend" needs to tell his or her relative's parents what is happening so they can watch their child. There is a site for gay and transgender teens called itgetsbetter.org, but I don't know if this will help in your particular situation. The messages are letting teens know that it does get better, so even if sexual orientation aren't an issue, the messages may still help.

A wise woman, Dear Abby, once said of suicide...."Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem". This is so true. Suicide can't be undone and will do irreparable harm to the parents, siblings and friends.

The person thinking about suicide needs professional help. This is why the parents must be made aware.

One thing to be careful of: if the depressed person all of a sudden starts acting happier, this may not be a sign of "getting better". Many people, once they decide to definitely end their lives, feel that their problems will soon be over, so it makes them seem like their old selves. Don't be fooled by this. Someone needs to be told so the person can be helped.
07-26-2013, 10:43 AM

Tell them you care about them very much and others do too!

ask them if they care about anyone special and if they do, ask them not to hurt themselves for love of the person they care about.

Tell them "LOVE IS NOT LOVE UNTIL YOU GIVE IT AWAY"