This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Inbox Facebook "seen" question?
07-27-2013, 07:10 AM
Inbox Facebook "seen" question?
Is it possible to change it so people can't tell if/when you have read their inbox message in facebook? This really bugs me. It makes me feel like I need to respond straight away not to offend my friends for not replying when I have read it. But sometimes I just havn't got the time to respond until later. Help Please.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2013, 07:21 AM

Nope, can't change it. I don't open the message right away but just try to read it from the message tab first.

Ads

07-27-2013, 07:29 AM

Don't let it bug you, I'm sure your friends will understand you are busy. If it really bugged them they would probably keep sending you messages until you respond.

If they don't give you time and privacy, then they aren't your friends that's the way I see it. I don't think the "seen" feature should exist on Facebook anyway since it offers no privacy.
07-27-2013, 07:34 AM

Actually someone in my friends list posted that to "unsee" the message, you can probably "unsee" on the friend's side too. So try to unread message and see whether that works. I do not know whether it does, but sometimes I do that and that person does not inbox me about why I didn't reply when I saw it. They also probably have to know that maybe you're busy. So you could also say "Very busy right now, talk later" as an alternative.
07-27-2013, 07:45 AM

Remove “seen” in Facebook chatting –

1. Open Chrome browser and install “Facebook unseen” extension.
2. If you don’t want seen facility on your Facebook, you can simply disable this option by clicking Facebook Unseen ON.