This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does anyone know how Facebook decides to suggest as your friends?
07-29-2013, 07:03 AM
Does anyone know how Facebook decides to suggest as your friends?
The top person it keeps suggesting for my friend is the girl my boyfriend cheated on me with. Me and her have no mutual friends, we live quite far apart, I have never tried to look at her profile. It seems odd that of the millions of facebook users, facebook thinks this B**** should be my new friend. I am wondering if she has been trying to creep my profile?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2013, 07:13 AM

Maybe your friends have mutual friends or your friends have her as a friend its kind of like if someone knows someone they try to match you up thinking you might know each other

Ads

07-29-2013, 07:26 AM

i think its by email or mutual friends.. im sure from mutual friends, but since you said you have no mutual friend with her, i dont know.. im sure that facebook wont suggest friends with someone we dont possibly know..like if someone having many mutual friends, you may know that person
07-29-2013, 07:27 AM

Facebook looks at your friends, your friends' friends, your friends's friends' friends, and so on. They also look at where you live, and where those other people live. Mutual friends as well too (people like you). And if anything seems similar to them, they are marked as a 'friend suggestion'.

Anyway, you can always block people on Facebook by clicking on their name or the tool thing next to their name.
07-29-2013, 07:37 AM

it's based on mutual activity - it has nothing to do with anyone looking at your profile