This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What to do to convince your parents to let you get a Facebook?
07-30-2013, 12:08 AM
What to do to convince your parents to let you get a Facebook?
Ok, so I really really want a Facebook and am old enough, but my dad still won't allow me to join. By telling him you can have your page in private setting do you think that would convince him? Please list ideas and good points or reasons. 10 points! Please help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2013, 12:09 AM

Tell him that he can watch you when you set up your profile, settings, etc...

Also, tell him that you won't post pics of yourself, and you'll only go on once a day (if you're up to it!)

Ads

07-30-2013, 12:10 AM

Give him your details, let him know he can check when ever he likes... Set it up with him so he knows how private it can be, only allow friends he knows of and family members on to your friends list.. Instead of huffing and puffing when he says no (going from past experience Wink) sat and chat, find out why he won't allow you and see if you can figure out a way to keep his mind at rest once your allowed x
07-30-2013, 12:17 AM

Facebook is an evil site. It is the biggest time waster...

You might not choose me as a best answer. But this is the truth!

I have deactivated my account long time ago. You should do it too!
07-30-2013, 12:30 AM

I am old over 60 and your parents are wonderful people who love you and don't want you to be like those children in Cleveland. You will go on Facebook and tell every pervert in the whole world all about you and they will want to do bad things to you. Or they will steal your identity and ruin you credit rating so you can't buy sand. Or they will tell you that you are worthless till you want to kill yourself. Now you think this is all fun to be ruined before you're old enough to know that the world wants your butt and they don't care if you die. But your parents love you enough to keep you from all that and because your scummy friends who could care less if you live or die are on facebook so do you. You don't have a clue what you are getting into. Your parents and I know all too well. If you think we are all stupid you will have a sad, sad, sad life. And if that is what you want good on you!!!! Old, Old Saying - Be afraid of getting what you wish for!!!!!