This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Convince parents for facebook?
07-31-2013, 12:51 PM
Convince parents for facebook?
I really want one! I am 16 1/2 and an extremely hard working student (4 honor classes and straight a's). My parents wont let me have one since they dont think i need one but i go to a school 45 minutes away from my town and would look to feel more connected to people. I think they are worried i will get in trouble but i am responsible and i feel they should give me that responsibility now so when i am older i would learn from when i am younger.

Btw i dont want to go against their wishes

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2013, 12:58 PM

I can understand your parents concern for your safety. They will be glad to know that Facebook has many privacy controls that you set up so that only your close friends and family can share and communicate with you through your Facebook account. Unfortunately, if they still won't allow you to have an account you'll have to respect their wishes. You are only 18 months away from college and it will be much easier for you to establish a Facebook account then. I have to say that personally I don't agree with your parents' decision, because without Facebook you'll be at a distinct disadvantage compared with your friends who might already have access and might be familiar with the technology and Facebook's utility. If anything, they should allow you to set up an account that they can monitor with you, so you (and also your parents) can take time to learn how the system works and ensure you won't fall behind your more "tech-savvy" friends.

Ads

07-31-2013, 01:11 PM

I would recommend saying that you need it to connect with you peers. For example, you can use facebook to easily arrange group projects or get help on homework. In addition, it is easy to stay in touch with your friends and family when you move to college