This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I get rid of the social media links on my wordpress blog?
10-12-2012, 09:08 PM
How do I get rid of the social media links on my wordpress blog?
So, at the bottom of each of my posts are a bunch of links like "digg, twitter, facebook, print, reddit" etc. I want them gone. I have spent a really long time trying to get rid of them and can't find anything online telling you how to get rid of them, only how to add them. They make my blog look WAY too cluttered. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 09:16 PM

Katie,

It sounds like you have a plugin that is placing those social buttons at the bottom of your posts. You can check this by logging into your WordPress admin dashboard (http://www.yoursite.com/wp-admin), click on "Plugins" and see which one is inserting those buttons on your posts. Read the description by each plugin and look for the word "social" or the different sites, i.e. Twitter, Facebook, etc.

It's difficult to say since I don't know what plugins you are using. There is a popular plugin called "Sexy Bookmarks that I use that puts those at the bottom of posts. If you still have trouble figuring it out, leave your site address and I'll take a look at it.

Ads

You need to remove/ dis able the plugin. Once done , this will not show up.

Many people are giving you a good general answer, but that's only if its a plugin placing those links there. Depending upon the blog theme it may be hard coded into the theme.

Check if it's a plugin.
Look for a plugin named Sociable, SexyBookmarks, or something similar.
Deactivate

Here's how you can remove them if it is indeed hard coded but as a warning you must be careful to have a backup of your blog before attempting this in case you do something to break the blog.

If you cannot find a plugin that is placing the social media links then go to:
Appearance > Editor
Click on Single Post (single.php)
Look for a line of code that seems to be related to those social media links after the code that seems to relate to the post.
Remove that line of code (Warning:Make sure you have a backup of single.php to FTP back up to your server if you remove too much code)

Either solution should do it