This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What exactly is linguistic innovation and what are some examples in social media?
10-12-2012, 09:12 PM
What exactly is linguistic innovation and what are some examples in social media?
where can i find some good examples to analyze (advertisements and internet) . in advertisements, i only think of puns and stuff but i don't think that's quite right

thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 09:20 PM

Every request for you to follow a company or product on Twitter, to friend them on Facebook, or to "like" them anywhere is an example of linguistic innovation. Five years ago or so those things did not exist and were not issues.

Ads

10-12-2012, 09:20 PM

Linguistic innovation is new phenomena in language, primarily in morphology, which emerges under the influence of various factors. Very simply it means changes to language or "creating" language..

In Russian, examples include the loss of the singular oblique case forms of the Russian word ditia "child" or the rise of parallel forms of the present tense for verbs (for example, Russian poloshchut/poloskaiut, "they rinse," and bryzzhut/bryzgaiut, "they splash."

Lately billboards are using net talk, such as leaving a web address instead of or along with a telephone number as contact info. This was never seen 10 years ago.