This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it possible to permanently delete a Facebook account vs. deactivating?
08-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Is it possible to permanently delete a Facebook account vs. deactivating?
Hello all Smile,

I got into an argument with someone & they told me they "permanently" deleted their Facebook account as a result, but after looking at my friends list I can still see this person on it with a blank portrait. Upon clicking on the portrait, it tells me that their account has been deactivated -- does this mean that the account is not deleted as they say it is?

Thank you very much Smile
The person adamantly stated that the account was deleted, do you think they were unaware that you cannot delete an account? Deactivating & deleting are two different things, I don't see how they could have mistaken it...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2013, 11:57 AM

you can delete it permanently ..all you can do is deactivate it.thats all

Ads

08-01-2013, 12:01 PM

Unfortunately there is no option to delete an account completely. Facebook keeps a record of your account incase you ever decide to log back into that account, rather than waste their resources and allow you to create a new account.
(If it was allowed they would have a larger amount of data to handle and their servers would be running alot slower.
08-01-2013, 12:11 PM

you can deactivate .. but it will never ever be deleted - all your info and photos and friends list will always be there
08-01-2013, 12:12 PM

The person has clearly deactivated their account. If it was deleted permanently then you wouldn't be able to search for them or see them. It takes 2 weeks to permanently delete a facebook account.
Deactivating the account is left open in case the person decides to reactivate it at a later time.