This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do you keep your facebook private?
08-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Why do you keep your facebook private?
I have an ex who I don't ever want to find me so I HAVE to keep mine Private.
I tried to show someone I know my family & friends via their facebook and almost everyone I know has theirs set to private. You can not see photos unless you are friends.
Surely everyone out there isn't hiding from an Ex? I would love to keep mine public to find lost friends (moved constantly as a child) but for this one guy.
If you keep yours private I would love to hear your reasons!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2013, 11:14 PM

because I generally do not like people. not only is mine private, but I have nothing on it, no work stuff, no old school info, no hometown, no nothing. I only have 10 friends and have no pics, I can't recall the last time I even posted anything.

Ads

08-01-2013, 11:18 PM

Because I don't want random strangers reading my posts are looking at my photos. Only Facebook friends are allowed
08-01-2013, 11:22 PM

I have my privacy settings set so that only my actual friends can see my profile. I don't want dozens or hundreds of people I don't know/barely know to be reading the things I post or the info on my profile. They wouldn't have access to these kinds of things before social networking became popular, and they shouldn't now either in my opinion. Smile