This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook suggestions - how does it work?
08-03-2013, 01:30 AM
Facebook suggestions - how does it work?
I know this question has probably been asked a billion times before, but I'm just curious.

When I look at the "Find friends" page in Facebook I'm wondering how those people end up there. Some of them are obvious, such as people who share multiple friends with me, and people who went to the same schools, etc.

But, the top two people (who have been there for a few days) are confusing to me. The top one is the boyfriend of a male friend of mine. We only have two friends in common (I have over a dozen friends in common with other people on the list). I've been reading that if someone looks at your profile a lot it could push them up in your friend suggestions. Does this sound right? I'm wondering if he's scoping me out because he lives a couple of hours away from here, and maybe he's jealous that I hang out with his boyfriend a lot.

The second one on the list also only has two friends in common with me. This guy is a friend of my husband, and is an awesome photographer. His profile is open, so I've spent quite some time browsing the pictures in his profile because they are amazing. Does that mean that I've probably popped up on the top of his "find friends" list and he probably thinks I'm stalking him? lol Or, does that even count, and he has probably been looking at my profile too?
I'm not worried about my husband knowing that I've been looking at this guy's profile. We sat there and looked through these pictures together.
I'm not really worried about it at all. I'm just curious why two people are always at the top of the suggestions list, when the rest of the list changes constantly.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2013, 01:43 AM

Havent read all ur book lol but its random (as infacebook make it random) people endin up there....there isnt any APP, ECT & there is no way anyone can see how many time u have visited there picture, profile.....probably ur paro thts wot u have been thinkin about this persons pic hmm lol. All good noo one can tell u have been on a picture or profile.....enjoy ur day and chill-out hubby wont nooo never will anyone else...defo clean ur history on ur computer tho Wink)

Ads

08-03-2013, 01:48 AM

This is really an issue for you? Lol...if you have even just one friend in common than yes, thell pop up on your list of people to add. If youre' worried there checking your profile out,and dont want them too,you can block them.