This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I change ? I really want to!?
08-05-2013, 03:58 PM
How can I change ? I really want to!?
Everyone always calls me annoying , irritating , and too hyper . Some people even tell me I need to be medicated for it . I really need help! My friend has changed. She used to be so hyper & annoying & she'd love to fight with ppl and start drama . She's so different . She's quiet now and nice . She Denies that she is medicated.. ( which I don't know if she is or not) but, I wannt to change & I want to do this for ME. I'm sick of getting called annoying . How can I do this ? I also have an obsession with taking photos of ppl and recording videos of them. I need to be quiet and less hyper . I told the doctors that I wanted to be medicated for ADHD or add. They didn't call me back yet . Please help! I'm going back to school starting in aug. I have 2 months to do this & then to show people I'm a different person ! I really want to do this. I want to do this without my friends help & without help from my family . I'm at a friends party right now and they're asking what's wrong with me & why I'm being quiet . But, honestly I like being like this . I think it's good for me . This is because , the more they see me like this they will know I have changed.. help!!!!! Any advice ??? I'm 15 & going to be. Sophomore in highschool starting Aug 28th. HELP!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2013, 04:03 PM

Not sure you should change who you are just because you get called annoying, you are you and I'm assuming your friends are your friends because of who you are, not who they think you should be. And i love taking pictures too, people have always told me i take too many or i am always with a camera (this is true) but tell your friends what i tell mine....if i didn't do them, there would be no photographic memories of wonderful moments - they should quit complaining, your obviously doing something you love to do - don't change just because they say you should.

However if you genuinely do want to change (not just because of them) i'd advise to try it unmedicated first - i'm against drugs for things unless they are last resort and 100% totally needed but just try to train your brain to calm down, if you feel yourself getting excited and hyper just say to yourself you need to calm down - it's really like training a pet, tell yourself (quietly in your head not out loud) to keep calm - your head can still do dances but you would need to tell yourself to keep the dances in your head if you really want to do this. The more you tell yourself not to go to far, the more reserved you will be - it will get easier. Good luck

Ads

08-05-2013, 04:09 PM

I used to be the same way when I was in high school. I was always super hyped up and loud and obnoxious, everybody told me I was annoying. When I was in elementary school, my teacher tried to force my parents to put me on some sort of medication...

However, I am going to be 22 in a week, I have mellowed out a lot over the past few years. I still have my moments where I have a lot of energy that is about to explode out of me but I just ride the waves and have fun with it.

Don't change for other people, don't take medicine to make other people happy. So, maybe people think you are annoying, who cares? It's better to have friends who love you for who you are than to have friends who make you feel like you HAVE to change.

If you really do need a way to mellow out, do something physical that exerts energy instead of taking ADHD medication.