This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is CM Punk gonna be the next face of the company?
10-12-2012, 10:59 PM

yes

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

He actually is, if you look at a some wrestling sites, it is made apparent that making CM Punk the next face of the company was in talks.

Ads

I don't think CM Punk can appeal to a broad audience like John Cena can.

CM Punk is already the Face of the Company.and also,he's the Voice of Voiceless in the WWE.

A neutral crowd cheered much louder for C.M. Punk when he held up his championship belt than they did for John Cena. The WWE won't make C.M. Punk the next face of the company, the WWE fans will. Just like what happened with Austin.

No, The Miz is the Face of The WWE. The Miz is still popular on all media platforms and is still popular on all types of television shows.

I hope so. I'm so tired of John Cena.

NO!!!!!!!

I think so. Just look at how top faces of the WWF/WWE were made and you'll know what I mean.

Stone Cold was often booked as a heel, and was supposed to be a "bad guy" that the fans booed, but when he cut his historic "Austin 3:16" promo, he quickly became a fan-favorite and the fans cheered him, resulting in a heel being virtually turned into a face. He was a bad guy, yet still cheered by the fans, and continued building his success from there.

John Cena was also a heel at the beginning of his career, but turned face and won the WWE championship. Had he not been a heel before, the fans wouldn't have liked him as much as they did when he turned face.

CM Punk is very similar to both, but more so to Austin. He is supposed to be a heel, and was one when he cut his worked shoot promo a month ago. The crowds still cheered him like crazy, either on both RAW's that preceded the Money in the Bank PPV or the last one when he returned. The mere fact that he got Cena booed in his hometown was enough to showcase two critical facts:

1: The fact that the fans were already tired of John Cena as the top face of the company, and
2: The fact that CM Punk is so talented and skilled on the mic, and can work the crowd like no other.

These two facts alone were enough to catapult him to the top of the WWE ranks, and I think that WWE realized how valuable of a superstar CM Punk is, which is why they let him beat John Cena cleanly at Money in the Bank. Yes there are a lot of people that still cheer Cena, but you have to bear in mind that he is supposed to draw cheers as a face, yet still gets booed every week on every show he's on, while CM Punk; a "bad guy", gets equal or more cheers than the presumed "top face" of the WWE. Don't you think that it's about time WWE thought about dropping Cena as their top draw?

The way I see it, the right thing to do is to finally let CM Punk take over Cena's spot as the face of the WWE. At least an equal amount of fans to John Cena's like him, he is great both in-ring and on the mic, and he can also make for a good role model with his Straight Edge persona.

He's most definitely gonna become the new face of WWE.He might not become a super cena or super orton but he will surely be on the cover of magazines.