This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how do i know whats showing up in peoples news feed?
08-06-2013, 09:06 AM
how do i know whats showing up in peoples news feed?
so, i thought i had all my privacy settings good, but maybe i didnt?

im kind of worried because i do not want every singe comment, all the music, my youtube videos, i don't want that to show up...so like when it says "this person is listening to ____ on pandora" or "this person commented blah blah blah" ...not that i really have that much to hide, but it would be pretty embarrassing if i was flirting with someone and then 100 some people on my facebook see....or maybe i don't want everyone to know everytime i listen to salsa music lol i checked my settings, and most of them are pretty strict, but when then for some reason, my comments and activity are still "friends only" ....i asked some of my friends but they said "im not sure" ....they might not want to embarrass me lol especially is they see flirting back and forth ect
im just saying because other wise, nobody would have any reason to go snooping around my facebook, i just don't want my activity to be publicly announced on everyones news feed.
lol so, i can't use youtube or pandora with out everyone on facebook knowing everything im doing?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2013, 09:06 AM

facebook is a social networking site, which means your activities in public places are shared with all of your friends via the ticker

read this

http://abrax.us/Facebook/PrivateTicker.php

if you dont want that to happen, then make sure you only post in PRIVATE groups (not pages, not on other people's profiles, etc)

the only other way to prevent it is to add people you want to hide your activity from to your restricted list, but they wont see your status updates or anything either then, so there is no point in having them on your friends list in the first place then

Ads

08-06-2013, 09:16 AM

If you dont want to show youtube and other sites activities in your friends newsfeed, logged out from Facebook and use all those sites.

Depends on the audience of the Post it will shows in others newsfeed. If that post audience is public or friends of friends then it will show in your friends newsfeed.