This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The pros and cons of Facebook?(List Please)?
08-06-2013, 10:29 PM
The pros and cons of Facebook?(List Please)?
Hi, I'm deciding weither or not to get a facebook but I need to know the pros and cons of Facebook. Please don't lean one way or another because you like it or don't list almost equal reasons for both please. Thanks! Also how safe is it really? Honestly is it even at all?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2013, 10:38 PM

Cons:
It's addicting
It's time consuming
It exposes your entire life to the world
It takes over certain aspects of you computer and smart phone
It adds stress to your life

Pros:
You'll have hundreds of imaginary friends that don't really care about you
You'll learn about what your friends had for breakfast and get their status updates
Only real pro is that It can be a great networking tool

Ads

08-06-2013, 10:45 PM

Pros* Socialization with your friends
interact with your community

Cons* Spam
Lack of privacy
Loss of confidential data i.e your profile info

Other than that there is not much to say if you value your privacy on the net do not get a fb account but if that doesnt matter to you then go right ahead and make a fb account
08-06-2013, 11:02 PM

https://www.youtube.com/results?safe=off...a=N&tab=w1
08-06-2013, 11:04 PM

That could be a huge list but I'll only list a few.

PROS:

- Staying connected with friends and family far and near.
- Connecting with folks around the world.
- Having the ability to reach multiple friends with one post.
- Seeing what friends are up to.
- Pages (not walls) offer an ability to get your products, talents, or whatever to reach billions of people around the world. Facebook has the largest membership in the world on the internet.
- Groups are great for connecting with others that share similar interests.
- Community games allow you to play with friends if you are into those type of things. (I hate them myself and getting invites can be annoying so I just block all game invites when they come.)

CONS:

- Facebook collects all your info including all web browsing whether you are logged into the site or not and they save this info into a database which they sell to advertisers and give freely to gov't authorities whenever they request it from facebook even without your knowledge. You consent by agreeing to the Terms of Service. (this is not some weird conspiracy theory...facebook has admitted to possessing the technology to track ALL your internet browsing, web searches, and purchases made over the internet. And where you are traveling whether or not you are using the location sign-in.)
- Employers and prospective employers monitor employees walls.
- Some people are stalkers and will use any personal info you may post against you.
- Having to read posts from people that use facebook as a place to dump their issues on everyone in hopes they will generate sympathy from others. This is dangerous I might add. Do NOT post anything on facebook if you don't want it used against you later. Nothing is private on this site.
- Identity thieves love to use facebook to create accounts on other sites using your name, pics, and information. Don't be surprised if you end up receiving threats from people after they have been conned by a thief using your identity.
- Spam...no explanation needed.

There's a whole lot more I could list but I could do that all night well into tomorrow, but those are just some of the top pros and cons that I could think of off top.