This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I delete my friends or just make a new facebook?
08-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Should I delete my friends or just make a new facebook?
This is what I want:
>To only have the people on there who I personally know, are friends or family, or people in my year, and maybe people I've talked to once or twice. I want to remove all the random people who I never talk to and people I don't like or know. (At the mo it's 950 friends, I want to get it to about 300)
It's going to take me hours to delete them one by one, which is the only way, i've already asked.

The other thing I could do is make a new facebook, but this would take away all my old 'friendships' with people to look back on, it would take away all my old private messages with people (hundreds) and all of my old status's and photos, which to be honest the status's and photos I don't care, but I want to keep the messages and friendships with people!

Thanks for reading, which should I do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2013, 11:31 AM

just get a new Facebook, much quicker and easier Smile

Ads

08-08-2013, 11:46 AM

Make a new facebook. That way you don't dissapoint your friends and your facebook gets cleaned. It's easyer and you'll only have the friends you really want on it when your done.
08-08-2013, 11:57 AM

why don't you delete a few people everyday?
08-08-2013, 12:04 PM

Just make a new one. I've done that and it is so much quicker and easier
08-08-2013, 12:19 PM

Well, you will always have access to your old facebook, so you wont be losing anything if you decide to create a new one. Deactivating your account wont delete anything, it just makes your profile unavailable until you log back in again.

However, creating a whole new one is kind of a drag, because you will have to go to 300 peoples pages and add them back. (Unless you want to advertise on your current facebook of your new one, but then people you don't want as your friend might add you again.) If you go to your friends list, you can delete people by hovering over the box that says "friends" with a checkmark next to it. Then you just scroll down the page and delete. Its easier than adding several hundred people, or trying to get them to add you, in my opinion.
08-08-2013, 12:35 PM

Don't delet account.. it contains all ur story pics.. comments plus u won't b remmembrng whom u wnna add.. so make a target to delet abt 50 ppl per day I too did d same
08-08-2013, 12:46 PM

dont bother with facebook! do you know how much info can be obtained about you!
08-08-2013, 12:54 PM

i would maybe start a new facebook account that way than you can start afresh and than you can add the people you only want to talk to i have done the same a few months back and i now feel great for it. facebook can be annoying at times with so many friends that you may have on your account. i would just start afresh and only add people you talk to on a regular basis that way everyone including yourself is happy and its a win win situation