This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about an iPhone !!?
08-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Question about an iPhone !!?
Lately my iPhone 3GS is playing up before I go to school my battery is at 100% then at the end of school it says it's out of charge an wont come on .but if I constantly check it through out the day the battery stays high ...I don't get it I switch of all my apps and turn the brightness down . My mum said it could be me over charging it because I keep it on charge all night? Could that be it ?
Please help Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2013, 06:31 PM

ugh, i have the same problem with my iPod. I think it is due to you charging it longer than you should. If you, in the past, charged it when it was full or around full, the battery begins to wear down. That's probably why it has been dying.

Ads

08-08-2013, 06:42 PM

It doesn't matter how long you leave your phone charging. It's Apple forcing you to upgrade.
08-08-2013, 06:51 PM

Hey I also have an iPhone & the battery life loses a lot if you like your mum said overcharge it or leave it on for short amounts of time, when I got my iPhone it lasted at least 8 hours now sadly it last like 3 if I'm lucky! But the best thing to do would be to charge it fully and then use the phone till it dies. I was told this by my phone shop. Hope it helps.
08-08-2013, 06:59 PM

I have a friend that had your same problem.

Answer:

The 3GS is an old phone. The battery has been charged hundreds/thousands of times. It`s weak. Therefore if you don`t use your phone, it`s ok. But if you use your phone for one second, the phone is gonna say battery low, because the battery APPEARS to be discharging very quickly.

Solution:

Buy another battery, open up your phone and put it in. I have personally done that, it`s a piece of cake. There`s lots of tutorials too.

Charging:

You simply can`t ALWAYS put your phone in charge when it NEEDS to be charged. I too put my phone on charge at night. Everybody does that. You`re not doing it wrong. It`s just an old cellphone, with an old battery and that happens to old batteries.
08-08-2013, 07:13 PM

You can't overcharge an iPhone or any other phone - it automatically stops charging when the battery is full.

What's probably happening is that the battery is wearing out, especially if the phone more than a year or two old.

Some shops will replace the battery for fairly cheap. Check your area and ask some phone repair shops. I had that done to my iPhone last year and it helped a lot.