This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I make an album on Facebook public without it showing in my newsfeed?
08-09-2013, 05:21 AM
Can I make an album on Facebook public without it showing in my newsfeed?
I want to make an album on Facebook public that I have had set as private, but I don't want it to show up on my newsfeed. Is there a way to do this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2013, 05:26 AM

Yes, u can. Before u upload the pics, u have to go to ur settings and click on "only me", so that noone else can see them. But, if ur ever ready to change them, just click on friends.

Ads

08-09-2013, 05:36 AM

It's hard to guarantee it won't show up in your newsfeed.

If you upload the pictures as private to "Only me", and change the privacy to "Friends" or "Public", there won't be a story created about you changing the privacy setting of the album. So it will fly under the radar to an extent.

But it's hard to guarantee it. If you have friends who have very few other friends they will probably see it anyway. If someone finds it and comments on it, it will become a news story. It is a good idea to wait for at least a week after uploading to change the privacy level as that might make it "old news" and less likely to turn up.