This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I stop pointless facebook notifications?
08-10-2013, 01:58 AM
How do I stop pointless facebook notifications?
The problem is this. Lately for some reason facebook has decided that it's of upmost importance that know when my friends post status updates or pictures to their own wall.

My iphone is constantly alerting me to this pointless stuff I couldn't give two shits about.

I've gone into 'push notification settings' and unchecked 'close friends list activity' but I still kept getting their updates. I've gone as far as deleting my entire 'close friends' list in hope that would stop it... it has not.

Somebody please help me, what should I do? It's driving me insane!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2013, 02:06 AM

Google it.

Ads

08-10-2013, 02:17 AM

Push notifications can be turned on or off from your Facebook app or the settings on your phone or mobile device.

iPhone and iPad
Tap and then scroll to the bottom of the menu
Tap Account Settings > Notifications > Mobile Push
Check the things you want to get notifications about or un-check the things you don't want to get notifications about

If you're not sure if you have push notifications turned on, you can check in your iPhone or iPad settings:
Open your settings
Tap Notifications
Tap Facebook
Set View to Lock Screen to On
Set Alert Style to Banners or Alerts

Android and other smartphones
Tap and then scroll to the bottom of the menu
Tap Privacy Settings > Notifications > Mobile Push
Check the things you want to get notifications about or un-check the things you don't want to get notifications about

Mobile web browsers

Push notifications aren't currently available when using Facebook on a mobile web browser. You'll need to open your smartphone or mobile device's Facebook app to adjust push notification settings.
Feature phones

Push notifications aren't currently available on feature phones.

To see the the icons you can look on The Facebook help site here :
https://www.facebook.com/help/1038590363...C8zIVcjPbf