This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I don't have twitter or facebook?
08-10-2013, 01:56 PM
I don't have twitter or facebook?
I'm 16 and the only social media I have is tumblr and instagram. I'm a shy person in real life & I hate talking to people I know from school online, it's so awkward. Plus I have better things to do with my life than writing bitchy statuses/tweets. Even my sister thinks I'm weird for not having facebook or twitter. Obviously, I understand that they're good for keeping in touch with long distance friends/relatives.
Am I the only one without them? Sad

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2013, 02:05 PM

Well no, you are not the only one without them, if you were then there would be well over 7 billion Facebook accounts worldwide.

If you don't want one, don't get one, it doesn't matter one bit.

Ads

08-10-2013, 02:20 PM

No. There are many people who don't have them. To be honest most of the people who do have them probably hardly ever use them. I know I only use fb for chatting to people instead of texting because its free. It's no big deal and soon they will be over. There will be a new social media site in no time and everyone will forget about the others
08-10-2013, 02:31 PM

Not at all, my boyfriend had facebook once but then he deleted it because he found it pointless and neither of us have twitter (seriously why twitter?) also I know 10 or 15 people in my grade without facebook to, I am in grade 12.
So no your not the only one and don't feel bad about it, even I don't go on facebook much anymore, you really aren't missing out Smile
08-10-2013, 02:43 PM

It was about a year ago when I gave up Facebook. Many people thought I could not do it. In fact, many thought it was just a phase I was going through (some still do). I never understood what was so crazy about the idea of giving up Facebook. I lived most of my life without it. Yet, giving it up irritated people. In fact, many are still irritated by this blog that I created shortly after deactivating my profile. Many people refuse to even look at this site as they know that they could never give up Facebook. The truth is that they are addicted to it, no matter what they say to the contrary.

I have always believed at looking and considering information that I do not agree with. In fact, I have found that, after looking at something I was against, my thoughts on that matter would sometimes change. Being open to differing opinions is something that allows one to grow. Of course, there are some differing opinions that I will never agree with. That does not mean I should ignore contrary information or challenge my views and beliefs. Even the most ardent supporter of Facebook may realize that the site is not everything is it cracked up to be if they considered some time away from it.

With that being said, I am immensely glad that I gave up Facebook a year ago. I have accomplished a great amount without Facebook. These things include progressing through graduate school, writing a book, creating a travel blog, gaining work and internship experience, writing a great deal of short stories, saving and investing money that I earned from my own projects, and visiting a few new areas of the world. I have focused my attention on school and my professional life instead of focusing my attention on Facebook. I found that instead of spending time worrying about what others thought of me, I was absorbed in my own goals and family. Instead of spending time on Facebook, I spent time with my wife and pets. I do not say this to brag. Instead, I say it to show that I accomplished much without Facebook -- and I know that anyone can do the same. A year ago I spent most of my time looking at Facebook and comparing myself with others. I wondered what others were doing. I wondered if something I said would somehow offend someone. And it often did. I lamented that people would often say things, sometimes horrible things, that were contrary to who they held themselves out to be. I cringed as political discourse turned ugly and individuals started attacking each other merely for their own beliefs. I had little time to focus on my own life when I was literally wrapped up in the biggest waste of time that has perhaps ever been created (with the exception of the television, but even the television can provide something of value and be quite educational).

So you're not the only one. Don' feel bad.
08-10-2013, 02:57 PM

It is good that you do not have one and this is coming from someone who has a Facebook account himself. I reduce the time I'm on and I realized that if I haven't spent so much time I probably would be close to finishing college but I still have a long way to go.

Once you get addicted it becomes hard to quit so I would advice you not to get one. If you really need to stay in touch then I suggest you get their numbers.
08-10-2013, 03:12 PM

No issues .. different people has different thinking .. so that's perfectly okay ..
Some people don't have things to do .. so they spend most of the time on social networks .. but if used properly Social Networking could be good.
08-10-2013, 03:25 PM

Take a look at heyfitty.com - think you'll like it : )