This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need help!!!!! what can i do about this facebook issue?
08-11-2013, 05:10 AM
I need help!!!!! what can i do about this facebook issue?
Ok, I have Facebook without my parents permission and yes , i knw its really bad. But last year I tried to talk to them about it and they totally avoided it! They didn't say I am not allowed to have it, but many of my friends have it. I am 16 years old. My parents are Nigerian so they are somewhat strict about social media. I want to ask them for it, but I am scared they say no. Then what will I do with the facebook acount. I feel like I am not disobeying them because they didnt say I cant have it. I also feel like if Jesus comes today, I will go to hell because of this issue. I hardly go on facebook,; I just wanted to have it so I can say"I have facebook". My sister says I shouldnt bother telling them because I have kept this secret for about 6 months.There is low percent chance that my parents will find out! Can anyone give me advice.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2013, 05:15 AM

Don't tell them about it, you aren't doing anything bad with it. If Jesus comes down right now i don't think that he will mind you having a facebook account. p.s. you should listen to your sister.

Ads

08-11-2013, 05:31 AM

I was in the exact same position when I was sixteen (yes, even the same age, go figure!) They hadn't said I couldn't have a Facebook, but....when they found out, they were really upset, telling me I had been dishonest and had betrayed their confidence in me. I would say you either: a) deactivate it and ask them if you may have one; or b) Tell them you have one and risk the consequences.
And I really doubt that you would go to hell over having a Facebook. It has not yet reached the stage of being deceitful, and it is not a sin to have Facebook unless it is dishonoring your parents' wishes (5th commandment).
Oh, so if you wanted to know the rest of my story...after more than 1 year I sat down and had a talk with my parents and apologized to them and asked for it back, and they let me have my Facebook.