This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it illegal to take pictures of someone's facebook profile without permission?
08-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Is it illegal to take pictures of someone's facebook profile without permission?
My boyfriends mother, who has been bullying me and saying hateful things about me to other, has been sneaking onto my boyfriends facebook and taking pictures of the conversations between him & I, and taking pictures of the status I posted. She also says that she can sue me for recording her when I didn't. My boyfriend had recorded her on my ipad without my knowledge of him doing so. My mom says I can get her for slander and bullying if I wanted, but could she take photos from my facebook and use them against me? I never gave her permission to see my page, and shes blocked.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2013, 03:18 PM

Everything stated is legal

Ads

08-11-2013, 03:34 PM

she is insane and not stable and no, she can't sue you.
08-11-2013, 03:42 PM

You'd better ask permission for her.
08-11-2013, 03:58 PM

Firstly, she sounds a very mentally unstable woman. You need to keep calm.

Secondly, your boyfriend needs to grow a pair and quickly change his Facebook password and beef up his Privacy Settings so she can't see anything. He might need to Block her completely. Like NOW.

Profile pictures cannot be made private. However other photographs can be made private using your privacy settings. If she has already taken copies or shared them on Facebook without your permission, you should report her to Facebook. They do not like people to 'steal' photographs in that way.

If she has taken copies of your status' and your photographs and is using them elsewhere (not on Facebook), then it's going to be a struggle to get her to stop doing that.

Suing for Slander or Libel is not an option really. It is extremely expensive and hard to win cases anyway.

Your boyfriend needs to stop recording her, as without her permission, that is not legal. He needs to get rid of the recording and tell her that he's got rid of it.

So, block her on BOTH your Facebook accounts; beef up your Privacy Settings (as she may have friends who can look at your public profile and timeline), and don't antagonise her any more. If she's been using your photos on Facebook, report her to Facebook. Keep away from her.