This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should Social Security be privatized to be invested in the Stock Market?
10-13-2012, 01:18 AM
Should Social Security be privatized to be invested in the Stock Market?
Why aren't the Republicans still fighting for this issue?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 01:26 AM

I am not aware of them ever wanting to do what you suggest.

I am aware of them, however, wanting to allow individuals to invest a portion or their own savings in the market, if they desire.

Ads

I am I will end up with more in the long run than nothing when ss goes bankrupt.

Good grief no. If it were, I wouldn't be getting my monthly checks.

Have you taken a look at the markets lately? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE OUT OF YOUR MIND!

Say what you want about the democrats; but, thank God they didn't let the republicans put the last safety net, of our elderly and disabled, into the hands of the Wall Street gangsters.

Now your idiot republicans can push all they want. You lost! And you can't do a damned thing about it. But, please, keep pushing this sort of republican, feed the rich, policy.

I guess we can be thankful that there were enough intelligent people around to prevent the village idiot from getting that passed

Um no, it shouldn't. If you have any stock investments in your retirement plan, have you checked it recently? We lost over 100 grand and are less than ten years from retirement. If SS had been privatized and invested, that would be gone too.

Like I told a guy who was a firm believer in privatization, "what will happen when the market goes down?"

He said, "that will never happen"

Right

We should be allowed to choose to privatize ours if we wish. I would do it in a heartbeat. It's a good time to buy stocks.

Of course, investement needn't be solely in the stock market, there are also bond markets, money markets, commodity markets and even simple interest-earning investments.

To date, there has not been any 10 year period when the market has not outperformed Social Security. Not one. Basing a decision upon a temporary economic situation isn't smart.

They aren't pushing it now because they're busy trying to preserve the Constitutional republic from the depradations of Obama and the Democrats.
----
I see I received thumbs down from the eternally clueless.

I don't think there would be anything left if it was in the market. Out of the last two weeks the market only ended above 0 twice. You might as well throw your money down a sewer.