This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
can facebook mess up my divorce?
08-13-2013, 10:43 PM
can facebook mess up my divorce?
I seperated from my soon to be ex husband for about 6 months...the marriage has been over for me for about 1 year......I live in my own house alone. I am finally slowly dating someone now. Can photos or comments on facebook force me to lose my custody of 2 children? There are 4 or 5 innocent photos of us just side by side. No kissing or anything. What do you think the Judge would do or what do you think will happen? His job requires him to travel 15 days out of the month. I have never cheated on him.
this was written by a female by the way. not me.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2013, 10:43 PM

sadly, if the comments or photo's prove you are a bad father then yes they can be used against you and yes the court can subpoena your facebook as evidence

Ads

08-13-2013, 10:50 PM

why would they? it'd show that you have a stable life suitable for kids and its not an individual the courts should be worried you hiding. granted, 15 days out of the month is a lot, but hes not the new dad, it shouldn't hurt at all.