This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you use social bookmarking sites to promote your website?
10-13-2012, 01:43 AM
How do you use social bookmarking sites to promote your website?
Any tips on how to use Digg, StumbleUpon, del.i.cious and others for marketing your website?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 01:51 AM

Very good question and one that has been debated for quite some time. While I can't give away my secrets and I can give you this tip. Know your audience. Each site has a pretty unique audience and because of this different "link baiting" ideas will work better on certain sites than others. I'm guessing this is what you are really asking. How to get people linking back to you site and generate some buzz.

Here is one example for ya. Creating some creative top 10 lists typically work best on StumbleUpon.

Rand also wrote a great book for his premium members at http://www.SEOmoz.org If you really want some good insight, I would join and read the book on Social bookmarking.

I know i'm pushing Rand here but he really has great insight that you could probably learn from. Also, don't worry, I don't work for him. Just trying to give you another resource.

Scott Rayden
Managing Partner
iSearch Media
http://www.isearchmedia.com

Ads

try and relate to your target market

advertize in high traffic areas

Ask a question that has to do with one of your main products, and don't forget to slip in your address to tell them where to find it.

You may want to have a look at this Del.icio.us Filler - it automates submissions - http://www.toocoolkids.com/geek/Downloads.htm

no promote beacuse have no website

Write few articles or interesting news relating to your website theme. Then submit those to popular bookmarking sites like digg, stumbleUpon, del.icio.us etc.
Then ask your friends to vote for you (i.e. bookmark your site).
The higher number of bookmarks you can earn, the higher number of traffic you will receive from those bookmarking sites.

Try to catch all who have same taste and like it, which you want to cook in your site.

Keep the content in your site simple, beautiful and make them come again and again with new , fresh stocks and make them feel that all you are of same feathered birds.