This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's with all these stupid hashtags I see plastered everywhere?
08-14-2013, 06:16 PM
What's with all these stupid hashtags I see plastered everywhere?
On almost every TV commercial these days, I see a bunch of stupid #hashtags everywhere. I don't even have a Twitter account, but I visited one of the hashtags out of curiosity, and most of the "tweets" on it had little or nothing to do with the commercial. The one in particular is #nomnom, which was on a Cheerios commercial, and it's trying to imitate a baby eating Cheerios. So lame and stupid!

That Twitter site is SOO useless. What's with the hype and craze about Twitter anyway?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2013, 06:20 PM

Twitter is mostly used for stupid things.Like writing what you did today or what you are doing.Good site for celebrities.And if you're a hardcore fanboy of someone you'd also use it if you want to know everything the person you're following does.
The hashtag thing is stupid.Everyone uses it for everything without any reason.Hashwhores.

Ads

08-14-2013, 06:36 PM

Unfortunately, my friend, some people with a low mentality seem to believe it's a good thing to have. This is NOT to say that all people who have a Twitter account are stupid.
08-14-2013, 06:46 PM

I know a couple of folks who get their leads almost exclusively from twitter who pretty much disagree with you, lol.

Look at it this way: if you don't like it - don't look. Simple stuff, really.
08-14-2013, 06:48 PM

These hashtags are frequently used nowadays in different commercials, sites that aren't associated with twitter and shown on reality shows.

Instagram, Twitter and Tumblr members can overly put too many unnecessary just so more people see it. More hashtags means more people seeing their tweets while overlooking these hashtags even though the hashtag can be irrelevant to the actual tweet.

This hashtags thing is commonly and mostly noticed by teenagers, hipsters and members of online communities.

And with your comment on the uselessness of Twitter, Twitter is a way to connect with friends and people with the same interests, comments about things they like and dislike, and your opinions on different things, it's always a way of getting publicity for people who want to be twitter famous or advertizing their youtube cover channel.
08-14-2013, 06:52 PM

hashtag
08-14-2013, 07:03 PM

People get sucked into Twitter, even to the point where they post literally anything that comes to their mind.