This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Examples of social media used for bad purposes?
10-13-2012, 01:50 AM
Examples of social media used for bad purposes?
It's for an essay, i need examples of how social media has been used for 'detrimental' purposes... also how it has been used for good but i already have ideas for that Smile thanks ! xoxo

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 01:58 AM

Have you looked up news articles and cases of "cyber-bullying"?

Ads

I'll give you the bad sense you have the Good

A really good one would be how the media ignores Ron Paul

double standards /propaganda, Zionism, israel gets away with crimes, but palestine dose not, just last week the UN vetoed Palestine for them to be in the UN, North korea has done more harm than palestine, and they are allowed in the UN but palestine is not, and if you look at a lot of maps palestine is not even on there, You never hear about the crimes Israel dose, but when palestine does something you hear about it.

here is use of a cartoon from WB in the 60's being pro Zionist, even when people didn't even know what that was, even thou most people don't know today, even thou they should know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewfJwLbLT...36FC1C0315

This documentary sum's it up better than me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA1lDow-0...plpp_video

The typical examples would be bullying online, or harassment.

But, social media presents an inherent danger in of itself because it puts young children in a social setting where they may be engaging adults in discussions that are too mature for them. The show To Catch a Predator is a perfect example of the instant danger children face when dealing with social media.

Second, it is a rapid way to spread information, or misinformation before all the facts have been accounted for; and it puts innocent until proven guilty in jeopardy.