This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have turned off my facebook chat but it still shows that I am online?
08-15-2013, 10:04 PM
I have turned off my facebook chat but it still shows that I am online?
I have turned off my facebook chat but it still shows that I am online. My friends said that it shows that I am online as long as they don't click on me and when they do it, the green dot disappears. I know that this sometimes happens after using facebook via phone, but I have never done that. Can someone help me?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2013, 10:16 PM

if u use ebuddy or any other application then turn off it

Ads

08-15-2013, 10:19 PM

This is the problem of Facebook. Sometimes this type of problem may arise. This is a common problem.
08-15-2013, 10:33 PM

If you're using an FB app through a cell phone, the app is likely still running even though it's not visible to you on your screen. Force-close the app, reboot your phone or use an app-killer to forcefully shut down FB so it's not running.

Secondly, a large number of mobile users are going to find that the Status indicator is rarely accurate. When you're ONLINE, it'll show as such. When you disconnect... FB doesn't many times get the signal that you're done using it, so it thinks you're still there until someone tries to contact you and fails.

Hope this helps and good luck!
08-15-2013, 10:41 PM

there are two reason .. one your are online from mobile . and second if you used windows 8 and aslo used Facebook application in it .. turn of form both sides than sure you show offline
08-15-2013, 10:44 PM

Maybe it's because you are using some 3rd party applications like e-buddy, Facebook messenger, binu.But in my opinion that's not a big deal because it happens the same to many of my friends too. So Good luck