This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think about Cooper possibly moving on....?
10-13-2012, 02:24 AM
What do you think about Cooper possibly moving on....?
"The Queensland and Australian five-eighth is at increasingly remote odds to play another game for the Reds or Wallabies as negotiations to finalise the remaining components of his latest deal continue to deteriorate.

Cooper indicated in June he would remain with the Reds for a further three seasons, but the Australian Rugby Union part of that contract is yet to be completed.

With Cooper venting his frustrations at the ''toxic'' Wallabies environment via social media and his relationship with coach Robbie Deans at rock bottom, the 24-year-old is making all the sounds of man who is making a move.

Sources told Fairfax yesterday that given the climate, Cooper is little chance to remain involved in Australian rugby next season. The French competition and the NRL are among the potential destinations if he exits."

I don't see the point in picking him for the squad for the Reds or the Wallabies, Cooper hasn't been straight ever since injury. Him going to the NRL will result in less space for him to hide.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/inter...-Wallabies

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 02:32 AM

I *Tink* it would be absolutely Tragic! Smile

Ads

Well, he might come back to Tokoroa

All because Cooper is saying what most supporters are saying (and as Cooper said, the players to affraid to say). It appears to now come down to Deans or Cooper. Cooper's contract is up at the end of the year. Losses away to both the Boks and Argies could well seee the demise of Deans, in which case Cooper would probably stay. O'Neill has to shoulder a fair bit of blame for resigning Deans prior to the RWC where common sense would have dictated otherwise.

Going to Easts with SBW will cause problems as there is a salary cap and Cooper has no prior experience in senior rugby league.

I think it's the best thing that could happen to Australian rugby.

Cooper has spent years making his bed, now he refuses to lie in it.

Off you go, young man.

His defence is flaky, so what NRL club would risk having him ? He's better off sticking with rugby and waiting for McKenzie to be Aussie rugby coach next year

As for his "tweets" well their could be some truth in what he says. Robbie Deans has tried to stamp a Crusaders style of game with the Wallabies that doesn't work.

I have mentioned several times on this forum that the Wallabies should adopt the Reds/ McKenzie style of rugby -- remember the Brumbies/ Wallabies success in the early 2000's with Gregan, Larkham and co ? -- very similar.

Unfortunately most of the Aussie answerers on this forum are either Waratahs or Force fans whose own teams play a dull, conservative, and poor imitation of Nz/AB rugby and dislike the QLD/McKenzie success -- just my observations !

Love him or hate him, with the ball in hand Cooper is one of the most skilled and imaginative play makers in rugby. Whether he works out his difficulties in Australia or moves to the Top-14 (where, frankly, his skills might be a little more appreciated) the thought of him wasting those talents playing in the NRL is ridiculous. All of the backs in that game are glorified centres -- what would be the point?

He's an entertaining player, the kind that rugby needs more of. Losing him would be a huge loss

The nerve of this imbecile.

The Australian play a boring game and have a toxic environment. Yet he is the play maker and he is the one putting the knife in on twitter. I am sure Robbie tells this complete moron to run sideways, cramp his entire backline, throw forward passes, kick the ball out on the full and crack under pressure...... we wont even start on his courage on defence or the cheap shots on prone players.

I wonder if Quade knows the meaning of team for one thing it has no I in it. Taking cheap shots on Twitter about Robbie and the team does not help them at all. Then on top of all that he moans about losing to the All Blacks all the time ..... Wake up call Richard Cranium they targeted you as the weak link and you didn't let them down.

Want to leave, dont let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.