This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My boss hired a replacement for me?
10-13-2012, 02:29 AM
My boss hired a replacement for me?
I've been at a job for 4 months. My title is administrative and communications assistant. I knew i'd be doing heavy support work for the presdient of the company, but i had no idea how much. I order lunches everyday for 40 people, do an insane amount of scheduling. im asked to put together last minute board meetings that are nearly impossible to put together due to schedules. I have other VP's asking me to do scheduling for them. I order office eqipment, process reimbursements, answer customer inquiries, press inquiries, schedule people for interviews, travel arrangements for my boss, candidates coming to the company for itnerviews, visitors coming to have meetings with my boss, i help manage the social media channels. I feel that i've gone above, beyond and below my job duties. This past week my boss told me that he's hired a new executive admin and i will be working just for the VP's. I am expected to train this person and he said i will report to her. This is a start up company and we are just getting an HR manager on board on Monday. I spoke with the finance manager who has been dealing with HR stuff. I ended up crying and she assured me that i'm not getting fired, but that the president needs someoen who will really be his right hand 'man' and apaprently i havent been that. I dont think my boss is aware of all that i was doing. My plan is to put together a list of all i've been doing to show to HR.I feel a need to cover my butt as i've been made to feel like my performance hasnt been up to par. I made a scheduling error and this seemed ot happen right after that. I feel very unappreciated, but i dont want to be out of a job. I havent any performance reviews, nothing has been written down and documented to me regarding my performance. Maybe this will happen when the HR person comes on board next week. I also noticed that my boss has a meeting with an HR admin from his old dept. I met with her during the interview process. Of course i'm jumping to all sorts of conclusions that he's meeting with her because of me. I just hate this angst and stress. He has told me before to take initiatve and the finance woman i spoke with told me that next week she will give me a list of things to work on. I barely work with her so i dont know how shell know! It's difficult to take initiave sometime, especially when i had been simply taking iniative to get things done. I really dont get what i did for this to happen. I think my boss doenst trust me due to my mistake, but it's an incredible busy environment and my mistake hardly shut down the business. I've also seen people's salaries, offer letters and i figure i make the least of anyone there. My point is that i feel like all this fuss is being made over me and moving me to a different position. How should i handle this? Leave?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 02:37 AM

I keep seeing you post variations of this story...
And I keep shaking my head = why do you want this job? why did they hire you for this job?
You have a master's degree. You aren't a professional executive assistant. I don't see that as what you want to be. And I think the company made a bad fit in selecting you for the position. So they figured it out and now want someone with more experience. And, what??

Why don't you figure out what you want your position to be? Do you want to work in social media? Do you want to do the scheduling? Do you want to do special projects? When you figure it out, you can talk to the HR manager about how to make that happen for you.

Ads

10-13-2012, 02:37 AM

You sound like my work situation completely! You are a very diligent and extremely hard worker who is being taken advantage of and no one respects you at all. I am trying to figure out what to do with my future at this time just like you are.

I feel you have so much skill and dedication you can really benefit if you look for another job who will appreciate you for all you do.