This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will the GOP ads against health care reform backfire?
10-13-2012, 02:30 AM
Will the GOP ads against health care reform backfire?
The RNC has been running ads using the U.K.'s National Health Service as an example of how horrible a nationalized health plan can really be.

The problem? Some news sources report that the Brits *like* their health care system - and have even taken to the airwaves to defend it. On Twitter, #welovetheNHS is a trending topic:

http://twitter.com/search?q=%23welovetheNHS

Alex Koppelman writes, "Even David Cameron, the head of the Conservative Party and leader of the opposition, has felt compelled to declare, “I support the NHS 100 percent and the Conservative Party supports the NHS 100 percent.'"

What do you think?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 02:38 AM

Of course they will defend it. It's their health system. But the facts clearly show it is failing. That is why people line up at our doors to come into our nation for health care. That is why our health care is simply the best in the world.

Ads

I certainly hope so. Some friends of mine in the UK have a few complaints about NHS, but overall their opinion is favorable. I wonder when Americans are going to understand that everyone, not just the wealthy, should be able to afford access to health care.

The Brits would probably give blood pudding a much higher approval rating than Americans would as well..

Them liking or disliking something has no bearing in this debate, they're not us.. we have different views on things.

If they like their system, bully for them! I don't believe the Brits however, excluded their large labor unions from having to help pay for their system. I also don't think they stole $500 billion from one bankrupt system to pay for another.

Well we are not Brits so that is so we really dont know how good their health care is. Most Americans dont want it.Its going cost to much money and no really good health care.

No Real Americans do not want socialized HC.

But we'll end up with the points being ignored, the bill (whatever it ends up looking like) being approved, and the various peoples and parties involved being no worse nor better for it. The more things change, the more things stay the same.
I'm waiting for the total collapse of the economy for anything to actually change.

Why are Republicants running ads against the NHS? This isn't the U.K., and our health care system (even after the reforms) does not resemble the NHS in any way, shape or form. I guess they just want to scare people.

I think the best answer is why aren't people taking advantage of the Obama care that has kicked in so far? BECAUSE THEY ARE FINDING OUT NONE OF IT IS FREE...you pay to keep your children on insurance until the age of 26, you pay if you have a preexisting condition...everything in the bill is going to cost you money unless you were on some government welfare plan and then you do not need Obama care anyway.