This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
McCain supporters who work? Are you concerned that McCain wants to put our Social Security in the market?
10-13-2012, 02:37 AM
McCain supporters who work? Are you concerned that McCain wants to put our Social Security in the market?
First of all I'm in my mid 20's so they say I will not get my Social Security anyway but at least let me believe that it's there and not put in on the market. What if the market disappears before I get old? Why would anybody who isn't rich (200k plus) support McCain. Obama = more money. Maybe not much but more and let's not talk about health-care, im scared.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 02:45 AM

As President, he can't do anything without the approval of Congress.

But as for the market, the old saying goes buy low and sell high.

I would venture to say we are at a market low right now, wouldn't you agree?

Ads

Thank goodness Bush's desire to get Social Security privatized didn't pan out! There would be absolutely nothing left of Social Security if that had passed. After this past few weeks I don't think Congress would pass such an idea even if McCain did win and try to push this through.

Why would you want to be pacified by a lie, only to find out later, when you are planning to rely on Social Security, that it isn't there? You'd rather have government lie to you, tell you it's all going to be ok and that your social security is just fine and then you retire and you're f#cked. I'd rather have someone who's honest with me and who has an actual plan to TRY and deal with the social security problem. Democrats have done a piss poor job of handling it so far and the more the piddle around blocking every chance at reforming Social Security and ignoring the problem altoghether the more we lose.
All Obama equals is less opportunity for entrepenuers and small business owners, broken campaign promises OR higher taxes for everyone, and socialized healthcare which means our health care system will be on the same quality as Canada and many places in Europe. Find someone who's moved from the US to Canada and ask about healthcare and the first thing you'll hear is that it's affordable but the quality is lower. So great, we'll have a health care system that's more in the crapper now than it was before. And you're scared of McCain? You clearly aren't paying attention to anything but Obama's simple phrases and sweeping associations. I seriously hope you aren't old enough to vote.

By the time our generation comes around, social security will be in deep trouble regardless of who is president. There will be more people who dependent on SS but the amount of money we have for the program will rise slowly.

OK guy, bad plans, worse running mate.

lets see over my life i have put in a TON of money into SS.. if i had all of that money in the market now.. even as much as it is depressed i would STILL be much better off then what is left in SS....

personally i am ALL for self directed social security funds.. my 401k is doing fairly well... adn will be doing a TON better in a few years...

and btw... if you are wondering how i am doing ok... i moved all of my stocks into bonds at the beginning of the year.