This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook messaging, make only friends be able too?
08-17-2013, 12:42 AM
Facebook messaging, make only friends be able too?
my settings say only friends can message me, but i was on my old account which isn't friends with my new one and i was able to message my self it came up in the others folder im really confused how do i make it so only friends can message me?
No i had never messaged this account before, i just tested it again with another account the same thing happened.. something popped up about new facebook settings saying that anyone can message anybody now unless your a minor . that must be wrong right? i mean adults have privacy concerns also.
No i had never messaged this account before, i just tested it again with another account the same thing happened.. something popped up about new facebook settings saying that anyone can message anybody now unless your a minor . that must be wrong right? i mean adults have privacy concerns also.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2013, 12:55 AM

if the other account has already messaged your current account, there is no way to prevent that without blocking that person

in other words, your settings work just fine, you are just not testing them properly

check the options here

http://abrax.us/Facebook/ContactPrivacy.php

and also keep in mind that testing things using multiple accounts that you create yourself will give you mixed results, since it's against the rules to create more than one account, and facebook can tell when you do it

Ads

08-17-2013, 12:58 AM

They Used to Have The Option to Turn it off Completely But They Dont Anymore the Closest you Can Get is Strict Filtering Which Sets it So That your Friends Messages Will Go To your Inbox but Non Friends will Go to the Other Folder
08-17-2013, 01:03 AM

They don't have that option anymore, all you can do is set to strict filtering your friends messages go to your Inbox and non friends go to the Other folder.
08-17-2013, 01:06 AM

I too facing the same problem. I got message from non friends.I have made my account only friends can send message, but when i check my account using view profile as public it shows message button on my profile. I think it is because of the new Facebook timeline.