This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If you sent someone a message on Facebook and immediately deactivated your account, will they still get it?
08-17-2013, 01:16 PM
If you sent someone a message on Facebook and immediately deactivated your account, will they still get it?
My friend was messing with my phone and sent a message to a girl that likes me. He asked her what she was doing next week.

He told me 5 minutes later and got so mad, I deactivated my account right away. I'm sure she didn't read it yet since I did it so soon.

Did she get the message?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2013, 01:32 PM

If you deactivate your account after sending the message, yes, she will receive it but she can no longer see your profile or your User ID. All she sees is the white icon guy on blue background and most probably "Facebook User".

But what you should really do is be a gentleman and tell her the truth, that it wasn't you sending the message.

Ads

08-17-2013, 01:46 PM

It is still possible for her to see the message. She probably just won't know who she received it from, because your name and profile picture won't be there anymore. Nothing will be visible to her. The only problem would be if you had messaged her in the past on Facebook, then she might be able to read back on the old messages and know it's you. Facebook also does this if you block someone as well. I guess once something is sent, it's sent. The only way you can really tell if she has read it or not is if you reactivite your account and the little checkmark is by the message...also, there should be a time showing when it was sent and when it was read. Hope this helped. Also, you could have just told her "Yo gurl, that was my friend asking that on my Facebook. Not me.." Lol. Hope it all works out for you.