This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why would someone put their self harm on the Internet?
09-30-2012, 01:34 AM
Why would someone put their self harm on the Internet?
I was on twitter recently and there's this thirteen year old girl who posts about nothing but self harm and pictures of her arm. I decided to follow her and see if she'll follow back so I can dm her about posting all this graphic material. Don't get me wrong, I've been there and done that. I'm fifteen and I know what it's like to be that far down and result to self harm or drugs. I never would've posted it on the Internet though. Any suggestions on what I should say to this girl or what I should do? Any help would be well appreciated.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2012, 01:42 AM

Shes probably posting the pictures so she gets attention.

Ads

She's putting it on the Internet because she desperately needs a friend and this is her way of asking for one.
Please become friendly with her and encourage her about life. Tell her about your experiences and about how you got urself to stop self harm. Make her see herself as a worthy human being.
Thank you from me and from the rest of the world who cares about her.

Attention seeking.

Yes!

Eric, you have no IDEA what you're dealing with here. This girl is a Borderline Personality Disorder and she is ADVERTISING her self harm just so that she can get the kind of attention that YOU will give her. She is very, very ill. And you are foolish to give her your e-mail or any other way of contacting you because once she has your info, she will ruin your life.

DON'T contact this person!
You've been warned.
You can't fix this nor should you want to.

She seeking attention