This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would it be wierd to put a picture of my mom's grave with flowers on it on Facebook?
08-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Would it be wierd to put a picture of my mom's grave with flowers on it on Facebook?
I took flowers there earlier today, and took a picture. This is kind of a weird question, but I'm just wondering if you think it'd be weird to post that and say "Happy Mother's Day. Smile" on the caption. Like, would people find that strange or weird to do? I'm 16 by the way..
Thanks. Smile
P. S. - sorry if this is in the wrong category, I wasn't sure where to put it..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2013, 05:24 PM

As long as you don't find it strange it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks. It's your mom not there's. I'm sorry for your loss.

Ads

08-18-2013, 05:28 PM

No it woud not It can give others peace too. people who knew your mom can write in the comments and say like "Have a great mothers day (insert name here)" Its like taking a picture of you and you alive father on fathers day. Its perfectly normal... I've seen 1000,000 of these. And people should have a little sympathy I'm sorry for your loss and happy mothers day
08-18-2013, 05:43 PM

Personally, I find that very morbid. I understand that you want to honor your mother, but in my opinion, a better way would be to find a really nice picture of her....maybe even one of her holding you when you were a baby....and post that along with the caption "Missing you, Mom. Happy Mother's day in Heaven" or something to that effect. I know I wouldn't want my kids to post a picture of my grave as a memorial on Facebook.

Think about it...don't you want your mom to be remembered in happier times?