This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Social Media a fad or is it here to stay?
10-13-2012, 03:13 AM
Is Social Media a fad or is it here to stay?
I've got a job interview for the role of social media executive for a company in London and just wanted to know whether anybody could answer this question.. as I have been asked it before.

On the one hand, Facebook gained 100 million users in 9 months, ppl like talking about themselves and ppl love gossip.

But, could a massive scandal ruin Facebook? Should social media sites get complacent? After all, MySpace went under!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 03:21 AM

Nahh unfortunately I think it is here to stay for a long time

Ads

I think it is here to stay. my opinion is that MySpace went under because FB came along which is much more user friendly and appeals to all age groups, whereas MySpace was more for teens/twenties age groups.

It's here to stay. Definitely.

1. For twenty years now, entertainment hours have been moving to the web (from TV, mostly). In the past few years, traffic to the non-social internet (world web web) has actually been shrinking, as people are now moving en masse to social media. So the consumers are there.

2. Companies are realizing their reputation will soon be as important as their "brand" and are investing huge resources in improving their social media presence. So the budgets are there.

3. Social media really started taking off just in 2009. So the competition (for the skills you'll learn) are not there.

So, yes, it's a good career choice for you.