This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If I delete my FB account will my name disappear on the messages I sent to other people?
08-19-2013, 01:17 PM
If I delete my FB account will my name disappear on the messages I sent to other people?
It's been a month since I deleted my Facebook account. I was just wondering if my name still appears in people's inbox when I've sent them messages or does it say something like "Anonymous User" ?

I'd really appreciate your answers! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2013, 01:22 PM

They would not see your message and your profile,but facebook would keep those things

Ads

08-19-2013, 01:35 PM

Your name will no longer appear in msgs you have sent to other people, wall posts, comments etc. It would appear instead as 'Anonymous User' or something similar.
08-19-2013, 01:38 PM

the last name or you used before you deleted your account will show up in the inboxes, however they will not be able to click on it and go to your profile
08-19-2013, 01:44 PM

i believe your name doesn't appear anymore
08-19-2013, 01:46 PM

It still shows your name. But where your name is normally blue and people can click on your name to go to your profile, when you delete your account your name is black and the other party cannot click on your name or access your profile at all. Unfortunately your name will always be there, remember just because you deleted your account does not mean that the other party's facebook account should be affected.
08-19-2013, 02:02 PM

When you first delete your facebook account, other people's inboxes will still have your name, but it will be black, and other people can't not click on it.
All your stuff, such as your posts on your and other people's wall, your name on your friends' friend lists, and your tags, will all disappear.
After you delete your account for awhile, which I don't know how long exactly, your name in other people's inboxes will disappear and says "Facebook User" and appears in black.