This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you get tired of people asking you about your facebook?
08-19-2013, 04:14 PM
Do you get tired of people asking you about your facebook?
My friends keep asking me why I deleted my Facebook and when am I going to make a new one. I've told them the truth, which is that I don't need Facebook to keep in touch with people I care about. That and I kept forgetting to log in and update stuff on Facebook anyway. But I feel like I have to resort to using some other excuse because they don't understand how I can live without it.
What are your reasons for not using Facebook and how did your friends or family respond?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2013, 04:16 PM

"What are your reasons for not using Facebook and how did your friends or family respond?"

lol, excellent question.
I still have my Facebook but I've not logged onto it in ages, just not interested.
Why, it just doesn't do anything for me... what was fun and I suppose trendy at the time isn't anymore. It's all about 'likes' and such - how utterly inane is that, it's like people caring about points here... what good do they do, they don't actually benefit me in any way.
Same with 'contacts', I like them all but so many I really don't even know and I'd rather interact with them in real life - colour me crazy.

"But I feel like I have to resort to using some other excuse because they don't understand how I can live without it."

haha, the first sign something has turned from healthy into an obsession.
It's just far too much of a clique and I'm not into cliques. If I found it entertaining then fine however I don't, either I've outgrown it or it's outgrown me.

Ads

08-19-2013, 04:29 PM

I keep Facebook mainly to help my mum keep contact with her relatives (she's not very good computers, so I have an account Smile. But I don't really use it to socialize with friends- its just not me. Id rather have a day out or text them, than publicize my life on it.
Theyre basically addicted to the site!

Just say that you don't like it, cause you got bored or its not for you, cos those who are the reasons for me!

Smile