This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Amazon asked for my tax id number, but I draws social security disability. Can I use my mom's SSN?
10-13-2012, 03:37 AM
Amazon asked for my tax id number, but I draws social security disability. Can I use my mom's SSN?
My mom told me that she can let me use her Social Security number instead of mine so I won't risk losing the benefit if I make alot of money online. She would take care of the tax form for me. I'm disabled and I'm looking for work at home through affiliate marketing and direct sale rather than working at a job which I hated the most.

Anyway, is it okay and legal to do that?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 03:45 AM

No... no it's not. If you are drawing disability it is because you are unable to work. If you find a profession that allows you to earn a comfortable living, why do you feel that you should continue to draw disability income? Using your mother's SSN only implicates her as well. You are doing the work, not her. It's fraud, and basically stealing from tax payers.

Ads

In the US, your social security number IS your tax ID number. Your mother suggested committing TAX FRAUD. If you CAN earn enough to lose DISABILITY benefits, you are NOT disabled and shouldn't be collecting anyway.

Note: The ONLY people that make any REAL money though affiliate marketing or online sales are the people USING people like you to make THEM money.

go the international option this goes past all the SSN details , but the postage cost more .

No it would NOT be legal and you may want to show your mother the below enclosed information that will have to be used to report this self employed business operation that you will have going on at this time in your life.
Very good daily detailed written records and receipts of all of the ordinary and necessary expense of this business operation is one of the NEEDED requirements for any one that is involved in any type of self employed independent contractor business operation.
You would be a self employed independent contractor with your own business operation and your ORDINARY and NECESSARY business expenses that you NEED to have very good detailed daily written records of them for this purpose and they will HAVE to be reported on each separate LINE of the schedule C of the 1040 tax form for this purpose.
And here you go using the below information should help you get started for your first year as a self employed independent contractor and as you progress and your business starts to grow you may even need some good professional assistance with it for your future.
Schedule C and the SE of the 1040 federal income tax return read each line when you start at the top of the page on the schedule C for your self employed independent contractor business operation your name is fine your social security number is fine and your present home address can all be used for this purpose just do NOT try to make it complicated and read each line and word and understand what it says and do what it says and then you should NOT have any problem.
You can also find the line by line instructions for the schedule C by using the http://www.irs.gov website and using the search box for the schedule C 2010 Instructions for Schedule C (2010) 2010 Table of Contents Profit or Loss from Business

http://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1040sc/…

Specific Instructions

http://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1040sc/…

BUT GOOD detailed records are really necessary for your business operation to succeed.
For your 1040 Federal income tax reporting you would use the below enclosed information for this purpose.
Use the search box at http://www.irs.gov for Publications and Forms for the Self-Employed

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/arti…

All of your gross income from all sources of worldwide income will be reported on your correctly completed 1040 federal income tax return.
Using a receipt book to make a receipt for each time that any one pays you in any way or item or trade for the amount of $$ value that is received at that time and totaling the gross self employed income for the tax year with any other 1099-MISC income that is received after the end of the tax year and entering the total gross $$$ value amount on the schedule C line 1 GROSS receipts from your trade or business
In general, taxpayers may deduct the ordinary and necessary expenses for conducting a trade or business. An ordinary expense is an expense that is common and accepted in the taxpayer’s trade or business. A necessary expense is one that is appropriate for the business. Generally, an activity qualifies as a business if it is carried on with the reasonable expectation of earning a profit.
You would have to be sure that you handle your business deductions correctly for your business operation.
For instructions and forms go to the IRS.gov website and use the search box for publication 334 a very good place to start with examples.
Publication 463 Travel, Entertainment, Gift, and Car Expenses
Use the search box at the http://www.irs.gov website for Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center
Filing Season Central is your one stop assistance center for filing your business returns. This includes Highlights of Tax Law Changes, Tax Tips, and more.
Go to the IRS gov website and use the search box for the below referenced material
*Publication 4591, Small Business Federal Tax Responsibilities (PDF 470.1K)

http://www.irs.gov/

http://access.wa.gov/business/taxes.aspx

Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful for your situation and good luck to you. 12/04/2011

. . . .. . .. . . . . . . . . .- ‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

Tax fraud AND benefits fraud? No, of course it's not legal!

When us is EVER ok to commit both tax fraud and defraud the government at the same time??

If you have the ability to work then you do not need disability. Why defraud the government?

no, you are doing the selling, it is your self employment income and using your mother's would cause her unnecessary problems

No legally, and you could both get into serious trouble.