This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SLP, MD, LAW or what im very lost?
10-13-2012, 03:42 AM
SLP, MD, LAW or what im very lost?
math and science are definitely not my strongest subjects but im sure if i set my mind to it ill get there. i want to have a family and have my own business/practice. if i did MD im thinking about double majoring in Social work and anthropology (i know its ussually bio or health sciences but based on my research majors like sw or anthro stick out more to the admissions committee) Sign Language Pathology looks very appealing to me because I love children and would love to work for a school and have my christmas'/summers off while doing a couple sessions a side in my own practice( mostly i would shoot for my own practice), it looks like a fascinating career and fun! LAW im very good at reading/writing and would love to defend human rights and womens rights across the world, but i dont feel like the loans and schooling associated with that are worth it in the end, since the market is over saturated with law graduates and no jobs. I would love to go through with medical school but i dont believe my grades and future MCAT scores would be competitive enough or qualified enough, but i dont want to look back when im 50 and wish i had done it. I want to do medical missions etc...help people with my MD. 1) Im 20 yr old female 2) have over 60 credits 3) have ZERO money and no support from anyone, im on my own in this world. Any advice please

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 03:50 AM

Someone with as many varied interests as you should never settle to working for someone else. You need to start your own business. To that end, you should start by reading "Rich Dad/Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki. Then get a degree in business law, which will help you tremendously with your own business or in support of other entrepreneurs with similar interests as you. The value of a dollar comes from what a buyer and seller agree it's worth. Business law is all about agreements.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply