This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it illegal to change a Facebook password using my own email address?
08-21-2013, 12:47 AM
Is it illegal to change a Facebook password using my own email address?
So a couple of months ago I made a new email account, and yesterday I tried to make a Facebook account. However, when I tried to do so, it said this email address was already in use. I just thought that I already made an account and just forgot about making it along with the password I chose for it. So I changed the password using my own email address. When I logged into the account, I realized that it wasn't mine... He still logs into his account every once in a while so eventually he will find out the password was changed.

So here's my questions

Is what I have done illegal?
If so, what are the consequences?
Since, he obviously deactivated his email account, how can he get it back?
Is there anything I can do to help him get it back without knowing him?
Pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but can I reset the password back to the original one?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2013, 12:52 AM

It's his Facebook please just let him do his own thing I'd be upset if someone did this to me even tho it was an accident

Ads

08-21-2013, 12:54 AM

No to all the questions except the last. Yes for the last.
08-21-2013, 12:59 AM

I assume you aren't attempting to be a hacker but if this person has no idea who you are I would cease anything that has to do with this situation. If their account was compromised they have ways to resolve that. Each email address is unique so how this even happened boggles me. While you seem to want to help this person out if they are a total stranger then let it go.
08-21-2013, 01:14 AM

Hi,dear.Please just follow the rules and don,t listen to unsafe advices!?Notify that one you used its account because the fakebook spammers might use that account at your loss!One important element of a crime is misintention that you didn,t have!I still add that the real facebook accepts yahoo!and google accounts but the snakebooks never!!!?Good deed!?
08-21-2013, 01:25 AM

Originally these laws prevented government access to email and other ... Accessing someone's account because you know their Facebook password ... It's also like an invasion of MY privacy as well, considering they just read all of .... Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the eHow Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.