This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I stop snooping on my friend's facebook?
08-21-2013, 02:25 AM
How can I stop snooping on my friend's facebook?
Hi all,

Before I begin I'd like to make a point of saying that I am aware of how wrong it is of me to snoop on my friend's facebook profile, and I feel awful for doing it, but I am finding it difficult to stop.

It initially began when she gave me her email and password for another website. Out of curiosity, I decided to see whether the email and password matched her facebook account - I was expecting her to have multiple passwords - but was surprised to find that the details logged me in.

She speaks to my boyfriend frequently, and whilst I trust him completely, my female friend has developed somewhat of a reputation with flirtatious conversation and behaviour. Curiosity got the better of me, and I ended up clicking on the chat she maintains with my boyfriend to see if she had proved her reputation correct. She did (although thankfully my boyfriend didn't not reciprocate) and I also found that she tells my boyfriend the things I confide in her about, keeps things from me that she promised she would tell me, and also complains to him about me, often being untruthful and blowing things out of proportion to make me look bad.

As a result of this, I find myself more often than not logging into her account when we speak so I can see if she is passing on information, continuing to flirt, or lying about things. I know this is wrong, and makes me a horrible friend. Although it makes my paranoia worse, it also makes me feel secure as though I have a sense of power over it all, and could catch her out at any time.

I have tried to simply clear my facebook autofill data so that it takes me effort to snoop, but I am struggling to stop, especially when my friend is doing so many things to frustrate me. I just really need a good kick up the backside to stop me doing this, preferably without revealing what I have been doing.

Any advice?

Thank you
I suppose I am justifying my behaviour with how she has made me feel - I trust my boyfriend not to react to my friend's suggestive behaviour, but it bothers me that she could be negatively affecting our relationship by not only being inappropriate, but lying and exaggerating. It's interesting, in a sad way, to see how easily "friends" can literally say one thing to you and another to someone else.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2013, 02:25 AM

Well she's a bitch so keep doing what you're doing

Ads

08-21-2013, 02:38 AM

That's a good question. My initial reaction at first was pretty much "fire and brimstone"(not the christian one), but since i read this, i see more. Well you are finding out some things like her backstabbing you, trying to ruin your relationship with your bf, and other things that are not cool.

Honestly I am sorry, but I don't know how to go about answering this one. Perhaps tell him(the bf) what you have been doing and let him know he isn't in trouble. Secure your relationship with your bf and maybe things will seem better. Perhaps you are more worried about what shes doing with your bf then you are of what shes saying behind your back to others?
08-21-2013, 02:42 AM

Keep doing it, it's not a crime unless she catches you! But it's worth stressing that you probably shouldn't confront her about anything unless it's absolutely unforgivable. Let her bitch about you all she wants.
08-21-2013, 02:57 AM

U are not the one that's the horrible friend, your friend is. U got nothing to feel bad about, what she is doing is much worse
08-21-2013, 03:11 AM

wow and you call her friend, btw you have every right to be snoopy, and do not listen to anyone who says different! smh you keep this so called friend close!
08-21-2013, 03:24 AM

Just Dont Go On the Persons Facebook Anymore and Stop its Easy