This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When I like movies, books, other interests on facebook do all those types of likes go on my friends newsfeeds?
08-21-2013, 05:52 AM
When I like movies, books, other interests on facebook do all those types of likes go on my friends newsfeeds?
I'm not talking about when I "like" a photo or like someone's comment, or share a link, etc.

I'm referring to all those little "tiles" or squares that show on the left of your timeline & in your About section, where you add movies, music, books, & other things that interest you via the "add" feature in each of those sections, or by liking a page then facebook places it into one of those sections when you like it.

For example the movies section has "movies you've watched" (those do seem to be shared with friends), but it also has an area just for movies you "like", and that's the part I've been adding to .....

I'm just concerned that all my "liking" of hobbies etc is flooding their newsfeeds. I'm new at this and haven't had a chance to just ask a friend about it in person....

So... do those types of likes show up in my friends newsfeeds? I have many likes/hobbies/interests, and have liked many pages....I don't want my friends newsfeeds to be continuously flooded with "A. likes knitting", "A. likes cooking", "A. likes camping", every time I add something to one of those sections...

Thanks in advance for any help you can give....

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2013, 06:06 AM

No they don't

Ads

08-21-2013, 06:15 AM

These things don't show up on your friends' newsfeeds, unless a lot of their friends' have liked the movie/book too.

For example, if one of your friends have liked a movie/book, it will not show up on your newsfeed. But, if a large number of your friends have liked the same movie/book, it might show up on your newsfeed.
08-21-2013, 06:16 AM

These things show up only when other friends have also liked that page otherwise it is not visible.
08-21-2013, 06:18 AM

No Those Kind of Things Do Not Show up on the News Feed