This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How should I be more direct through facebook?
08-21-2013, 11:44 AM
How should I be more direct through facebook?
There's a younger guy (by 4 years) I met at a college party, and I randomly saw him the next day and we talked for about 10 minutes. He was really enthusiastic and really sweet (a little childish in an endearing way, but he's a football player so he's very tall and really hot and muscular). I was planning on sending him a facebook message (we are already friends on FB) saying:
' It was nice talking to you the other day. We should have lunch sometime! Let me know when you're free, here's my number'

Someone I asked about it said that asking him that way was:

" vague and meaningless. It's the chicken poo way of being forward-- you're asking him out but refusing to claim it by forcing him to name a time and follow up with you. If you're asking him out, be direct.
Don't forget- he's younger and a little childish so don't expect him to be the man."

How should I make it more direct? I don't have his number and he hardly checks his facebook, so this is the only way I can get his number because I hardly see him on campus. I'm just taking a risk; I only have 4 months left here, and we'll both be here over the summer so I want to trying dating someone my speed (I haven't dated before).

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2013, 11:51 AM

Oh brother...what you said was fine! I say your original saying was perfect! If he's for it, he will follow up. If he's not, he will probably ignore it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply