This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will you be boycotting companies which boycotted Wikileaks?
10-13-2012, 04:29 AM
Amazon EC2, Paypal, Mastercard have stopped servicing Wikileaks saying it was involved in illegal activities. Illegal?!!! I've been told even Twitter is blocking wikileak from trending. Does that change your opinion of these fecal matter companies?
This idiot "Brian Smith" should do some more research before accusing Assange of being a rapist. You're just a brainwashed muppet if you think that. Read this first: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-hunt.html ...it's part of USA's dirty tricks whenever things aren't going its way.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 04:37 AM

if it is true no it does not

Ads

Nope. I use paypal because they're safe to use for internet transactions. I use Mastercard (debit card only), because it's convenient. I occasionally order products from Amazon.

Do you really think you're boycott is going to amount to anything? Seriously?

Nope, I'm joining in any boycott of Wikileaks. The spineless bastard needs to pay for the damage he is doing.

Julian ASSange should be imprisoned for life

Boycotts are meaningless, detrimental to the economy, and whose only purpose is to make the 'boycotters' feel good about sticking it to the evil capitalists.

With the current recession most companies cannot afford to be boycotting in this way. You can of course withdraw your support in various ways, and make your point of disapproval.

I'm amazed that the security of the countries involved with these leaks, haven't clamped down and forbid with the threat of the law. Surely its within their means to block and stop any further leaks for the security of the country involved.

givemestrength

I work for one of the largest food manufacturers in the world.

Right now we are being boycotted by over 200 different groups. It has not affected our bottom line.

Boycotts are completely useless.

The only thing they seem to do is bloat the feeling of self importance of the people conducting them,

No.

I really couldn't care less about the wiki leaks,they have to realise that what they have done is damaging to some and was bound to cause some sort of retaliation from somewhere.
Life goes on and on

Nope, I shall be off to get myself a paypal account, buy a few books, and invest in a mastercard. Last time I looked, stealing classified information from the state department was illegal...

Any organisation that is irresponsible enough to release information that could put lives at risk should not be supported. Free speech/freedom of the press doesn't give you an excuse to endanger people. Yes a lot of the stuff wikileaks has released is trivial and unimportant, but there is stuff in there that could seriously damage relations and so on.

Does it change my opinion? Not really.