This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is make a fake Facebook account illegal?
08-25-2013, 02:23 AM
Is make a fake Facebook account illegal?
Please let me explain. I do demonstrational videos (like how-to), and I need a Facebook account do demonstrate some things for my videos. However, I don't want to use my account, because, even in just the News Feed, I have a lot of private information (of myself as well as other people). So, I just want to know if it's illegal to make an account just for the purpose of this video, and then delete it

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2013, 02:37 AM

No, it's not illegal.

Ads

08-25-2013, 02:42 AM

It isn't known to be illegal, just Make it and they will shut it down if they think it is bad, but many businesses have accounts rather than pages so you should be fine
08-25-2013, 02:57 AM

Its not...a lot of people make fake accounts for different reasons. I have a business account (which is what yours qualify as) and I also have a couple of fake ones...because on Candy Crush, you need friends to help you get to the next levels and I don't want to harass them with game requests. I just make my own "friends" and get myself to the next level
Do what you gotta do, just don't pretend to be someone else and don't use other people's pictures without permission

Its true, however, that it violates the terms of agreement for facebook and they can delete and make you choose, but the only way you will stick out for it to even get that far is by harassing people and soliciting. you will then draw attention to yourself... like I said I have 4 but I don't bother people and I haven't been deleted. Have had these accounts for years
08-25-2013, 03:07 AM

it's not illegal, but it does violate facebook's terms to create more than one profile for any reason

and facebook can detect when you just ignore their rules, so they will eventually suspend all of the accounts that you created with your computer and you will be forced to pick ONE of them to verify

and if you dont have a cellphone to verify that account you want to keep, you will lose ALL of them

so think before you troll
08-25-2013, 03:20 AM

Facebook is a social network.This is not for online storage.Many websites offer free online storage for video.I think it's beter than facebook.Because if you have any bad/harmful content facebook will block/delete them.
Here are some suggested links:
1.www.onlinefilestorage.com/video
2.www.sugarsync.com/free/
3.www.flipdrive.com/
4.www.free-hidrive.com/
5.www.ccloud.com/
08-25-2013, 03:22 AM

Its Not illegal But it Is Against Facebook's Terms of Service