This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do i block people from messaging me that aren't on my friends list on FACEBOOK?!?
08-25-2013, 06:35 PM
How do i block people from messaging me that aren't on my friends list on FACEBOOK?!?
for the last couple months i thought that this setting was on, until someone who wasn't my friend messaged me. but i just went and looked and it says "friends only" but how did they message me? ugh I'm being harassed by people and i can't change the setting someone help please….

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2013, 06:36 PM

its intended that you can't, its the only way a friends only person can be contacted by a new person.

Ads

08-25-2013, 06:47 PM

Unfortunately Facebook has decided to do it this way and we no longer have the option of complete privacy from the public...all we can now do is try to make our privacy settings as "private" as is possible...Strict filtering of messages is the closest we can now come to making our messages private, this will cause non-friends to either have to spend $1.00 to send us a message in our regular"inbox" or else send it to our "other" messages...It is not right and should not be, but what choice does Facebook ever give us (other than to just find another social medium, which most of us wont do)...you can give feedback to Facebook by going to the end of the blue bar at the top of your Timeline, click on the "gear" icon , click "help", click "report a problem" click "give feedback" and let Facebook know how dissatisfied we are with this "new" messaging arrangement.

Click "Other" at the top of the left pane.
Click "Edit Preferences."
Click "Strict Filtering" and then "Save." This option allows only friends to message you, but you may occasionally receive messages from people that include you in a message to a mutual friend, group members or someone using the Facebook Messenger app.
08-25-2013, 06:58 PM

Block their profile and they can't message you anymore