This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to stop facebook from publishing all your Spotify activity?
08-26-2013, 02:45 PM
How to stop facebook from publishing all your Spotify activity?
I have my Spotify account linked to my facebook account and I use it all the time. The problem is that I know I am spamming my friends' newsfeeds because facebook publishes everything I do on Spotify. Is there any way to keep my Spotify linked to Facebook without it publishing every little thing I do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2013, 02:59 PM

Hi,
Whether you created your account through Facebook, or your Facebook account is connected to Spotify, you have full control over what you share on Facebook. You have a few options in both Spotify and Facebook to choose what exactly what you share.

In Spotify, there is an option called "Private Session". Click on your name over in the top right hand corner, and select Private Session. This will stop sharing any tracks on Facebook and last.fm you play over that point.

This option is only designed for temporary use, so if you're looking for something a little more permanent, we've included that too. In the Preferences menu (Edit > Preferences on Windows, or Spotify > Preferences on a Mac), we have an option called "Show what I listen to on Facebook", under the Activity Sharing tab. Uncheck this, and the tracks you play in Spotify will not be sent to Facebook.

Over on Facebook, you can also change the privacy of such posts to ensure they only show up for you. Pop over to Facebook, click on "Account Settings" > Apps > Spotify > Edit, then next to the "Post on your behalf", select "Only Me" on the drop down menu. This will mean any posts relating to Spotify made from the application will only be visible to you. However, this also applies to any tracks you share, too, so keep this in mind when using this setting.

thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply