This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there any way to block certain friends on Facebook from seeing a list of your other friends?
08-27-2013, 10:56 AM
Is there any way to block certain friends on Facebook from seeing a list of your other friends?
Here's the situation. I work at a popular supermarket. Years ago, I met this guy. We became friends.He eventually quit the job and moved on. Now he's a semi-retired rock star. I just found him on Facebook after so many years. He's on my friends list, but I don't want him to see or find out about any of the friends on my list. That is because he seems to have changed over the years. He's married, and in a band still, but I think he's into some weird, dark stuff. I believe he also has an arrest record for selling drugs in the past, which I just found out about. He makes me nervous, but I don't want to just remove him from my friends list, because he might get suspicious and even do something. Can I block him from getting info about my other friends? How do I do this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2013, 11:02 AM

you can hide your friends list, but that isnt going to 100% prevent him from looking at other peoples' profiles

you can also add him to your restricted list if you dont want him seeing your activity

http://abrax.us/Facebook/PrivateFriendsTimeline.php
http://abrax.us/Facebook/RestrictedList.php

Ads

08-27-2013, 11:08 AM

You worked with him a few years ago, now he's a "semi-retired rock star"?
Sounds like bull$hit.
Either block ALL your friends from seeing ALL your friends or let him worry about it. If he really wanted anonymity, he'd go under an alias.

If he's trouble, unFriend and Block him, but it sounds more like you enjoy the perceived street cred.
If you feel threatened, dump him, otherwise, stop whining.